Hi, I’m Shelly the creator of The Female Coaching Academy and Owner of The Health Hub Gym an Fitness Class Studio. I have been working as a Coach, Personal Trainer, Group Instructor and Yoga Teacher since 2002.
I have helped 1000’s of women get amazing results not just in body but in building a stronger mindset aswell and I am very proud to be able to say that I have helped countless women take control of their lives, their diets and their exercise habits.
Shelly has always had a passion for sport and fitness with GAA being a big part of her life. Shelly is honoured to have represented her County at an Elite level throughout her playing years and to also have been part of the team that won an Intermediate All Ireland with Westmeath in 2011 having clinched the League and Leinster title that year with her County also.
Throughout the years she has worked in some fantastic gyms and health clubs around Ireland gaining not just qualifications but what she believes is far more important when working in a personal business like this one: Hands On Experience.
She has helped, educated and worked with countless women over the years teaching them how to lose weight, increase their fitness, reduce their body fat and enjoy better health and a stronger sense of well-being because she believes that if you can change your mindset you can change anything.
Shelly has struggled with anxiety and depression herself so she fully understands the feeling of self-doubt, lack of confidence, low mood and how that can affect your entire outlook on life, be it in your relationships, career or physical state so reaching out and helping others through exercise, good nutrition and mindset is why Shelly thinks it’s so important to reach out and help others who are going through the same emotions she did.
Shelly is happily married and settled in Co. Mayo with her husband Liam, Dog Buddy and they are expecting their first child this later in 2020.
QUALIFICATIONS & BACKGROUND
- Personal Training Diploma
- 200 hour Yoga Teacher
- Sports Psychologist
- Nutritional Adviser EQF Level 6
- Anatomy & Physiology
- Pre & Post Natal Coach
- Sport and Recreation
- LGFA Level 1 Coach
- Exercise To Music
- Circuit Training
- Program Prescription
- Older Adult
- Step Aerobics
- Stability Ball
- Boxercise Instructor
- Spinning Instructor
- Soccer Coach
- Basketball Coach
- Athletics Coach
- Assistant Swimming Teacher
- Health & Recreation
- Body Combat (Mixed Martial Arts)
- Body Pump (Full Body Strength & Resistance Coaching)
- Body Balance (Yoga, Pilates & Tai Chi)
- Over-All “Best Coach” Winner at the 2019 Irish Fitness Industry National Awards.
- Over-All Winner of “Best Business Pitch” at the final event for the Empower Start female led Entrepreneurship programme in GMIT.
- Shelly was selected to attend Leinster House to showcase her business and represent female entrepreneurship in Ireland particularly in the West.
- Shelly’s Business was used as a feature piece to promote female entrepreneurship in Ireland and to celebrate 45 years of the European Union.
- Runner up in Best in Health & Fitness Mayo Style Awards after only 7 months in business in 2016 & and again in 2017.